SILCD1308 Film Music 2009
Film Music 2009
Film Music 2009 is the third instalment in the new annual “Year Book” concept from Silva Screen. Constantly brought up to date, Silva Screen’s repertoire of film music spans a century of scoring achievement.
Snapshot of the best on offer in a cinematic music 2009 year, the 11 track collection features A.R. Rahman’s Latika’s Theme from Oscar / BAFTA winner Slumdog Millionaire, Alexandre Desplat’s The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button, James Newton Howard’s painfully sad, violin led The Exodus from Defiance and James Horner’s epic War from Avatar.
Other highlights include Johan Soderqvist’s Eli’s Theme from Let The Right One In, Christopher Young’s dazzling End Credits from Drag Me To Hell and Alexandre Desplat’s yearning piece The Meadow from Twilight: The New Moon.
Classic FM Magazine comments on Silva Screen’s work with the Prague Philharmonic Orchestra: “You have to hand it to the folks at Silva Screen – their pursuit of authenticity is tireless… The result is a tour de force of inspired musicianship and technical ingenuity. Bravo!”
1. Avatar – War
2. Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen – Prime / I Rise, You Fall
3. Let The Right One In – Eli’s Theme
4. Drag Me To Hell – End Credits (Original version)
5. Valkyrie – They’ll Remember You
6. Revolutionary Road End Credits
7. The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button – Postcards / Daisy’s Ballet Career
8. Defiance – The Exodus
9. Slumdog Millionaire – Latika’s Theme
10. The Twilight Saga: New Moon – The Meadow
11. Star Trek – Hella Bar Talk / Enterprising Young Men