12″ double LP on green
with blue splatter vinyl
Nominated for two Academy Awards and a BAFTA, Biutiful stars Javier Bardem as Uxbal, a man struggling to reconcile the past and present as he battles a terminal disease.
Argentinian composer Gustavo Santaolalla became only the third composer in Academy Award history to win an Oscar two years running for Brokeback Mountain (2006) followed by Babel (2007).
Other acclaimed scores include Amos Perros, 21, Grams and The Motorcycle Diaries.
“Gustavo Santaolalla’s haunting music, from complex orchestrations to the melody in a single guitar, filters through the narrative, catching the emotions that bear down on Uxbal” – Hollywood Reporter
“Gustavo Santaollala provides a characteristically evocative and inventive score” – Screen Daily
1. Blak butterflies
3. Kat’s gut
4. Wud box
6. Como te extraño mi amor – Café Tacuba
9. As it chud be
10. Meditacion #9 – Sebastian Escofet
11. Shudder/King of Snake – Underworld
13. The beech
15. Ravel: 2 Adagio assai (Piano Concerto in G) – Zoltan Kocsis
1. Almost eir (remix by Sebastian Escofet)
3. Maler (arranged by Osvaldo Golijov)
6. …And it mooves
8. Tin can gitar
10. Almost agein